Friday, June 28, 2013

Reflection on Internship Plan Revision

It was very helpful to read comments from classmates about my internship plan.  I did not realize it but as I was designing the plan, I left off some important identification information for those listed in my resource column.  This information was added in my update.

During my conversation with my site superintendent, we decided to change one of the activities.  Activity 25:  Community and Public Relations will now involve the design and implementation of booth at the Jackson County Fair.  This is a well attended, award winning event in our county.  Our superintendent wants to use fair week to promote our schools.  He has tasked me with the development of a public relations campaign.  I have already been working with other team members to get the ball rolling on this event.

My initial plan is to go with the catch phrase, "Picture Your Future with Seymour Schools".  I am going to use pictures of our students to decorate the booth.  We are going to highlight particular achievements of our students and schools by taking individual pictures of students with the letters that spell out Picture Your Future.  Students will be holding various technology tools that feature the letter to spell out our catch phrase.  We will put a tag with each individual student's picture to explain their achievement or the group represented.  This explanation just doesn't do the idea justice, but I think you get the idea.

I am working on printed material for parents to pick up when they visit our booth and selecting a few fun items to distribute to fair going friends.  I am always looking for ideas and suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment